This game helps participants to become familiar with and remember the 34 Clifton StrengthsFinder Themes through a competitive sorting activity. Participants should have taken the Clifton StrengthsFinder or StrengthsQuest assessment at http://www.strengthsfinder.com. You can get an access code by purchased their books, StrengthsFinder 2.0 or Strengths Based Leadership.
o Romans 12:4-5
o Cards with each of the StrengthsFinder Themes and their definitions (one set per team – you can find the file with these cards at www.teachingthem.com on the Lesson and Material Downloads page in the file “Strengths Finder Theme Sorting – Cards.ppt.”
o Scissors or other cutting tool
o Envelopes (one per team)
o Answer Key (at the bottom of this lesson and also in the file “Strengths Finder Theme Sorting – Answer Key.ppt” on the Lesson and Material Downloads page.)
o Flipchart or whiteboard
o Prizes for the winning team (optional)
Use the following script (or modify to suit your needs):
- “Let’s do a competition that will help you to become more familiar with and to remember the 34 StrengthsFinder Themes.”
- “I’m giving each team an envelope with all 34 Themes and their definitions.” (Pass out the envelopes, but instruct them not to open the envelopes until you give the signal.)
- “When I say go, work with your team members to match each Theme to its definition.”
- “The team that finishes earliest with the least number of mistakes wins.”
- “I will only check your answers once, so make sure that they are correct before you ask me to check them.”
- “When you say you are done, I will tell you what order you finished in, i.e., 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc…”
- “Finishing first doesn’t mean you win. You have to have the least amount of mistakes.”
- “If there is a tie for least amount of mistakes, the team that finished earliest will win.”
- “Any questions?” (After addressing questions, let the teams open their envelopes and start sorting. When they finish, they should notify you, and you will tell them what place they finished in. This doesn’t guarantee a win. The most important thing is that they have the fewest mistakes, but if there is a tie for fewest mistakes, the team who finished earlier will win. After you have checked their answers using the Answer Key below, declare a winner and offer them a prize if you wish. Then, have the teams work through the Debrief Questions below.)
1. Read Romans 12:4-5. This Scripture continues to talk about spiritual gifts. Do you think its truth also applies to our Strengths? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think God made us so differently?
3. What does it mean, “each part of the body belongs to all the other parts?”
4. How can we live this Scripture more intentionally in the future?
One response to “StrengthsFinder Theme Sorting (GAME)”
Pingback: Strengths Finder Gamification | shinypennyblog