This devotion explores how expectations impact satisfaction levels. This can be used to talk about meeting customer expectations.
- Matthew 21:18-20 (Jesus’ disappointment with the fig tree that wasn’t bearing fruit in season)
- John 2:6-10 (The head of ceremonies’ delight at the unexpected surprise of the best wine served last.)
- Revelation 3:15-16 (Jesus’ disappointment with the church of Laodicea for being lukewarm)
- Have participants work in groups and read the passages mentioned above.
- Then, have them answer the Debrief Questions below.
- Why was Jesus so upset in the first two Scriptures?
- Why was the master of the banquet so delighted?
- How does this apply to how we deal with our customers?
- What should we strive to do?