The Bible has a lot to say about repentance. In your groups, read through the following Scriptures, and then discuss the questions below.
o Psalm 51:1-17 (Create in me a pure heart)
o Proverbs 1:23 (Wisdom’s rebuke)
o Jeremiah 15:19 (If you repent, I will restore you)
o Jeremiah 17:7-8 (If that nation repents, I will relent)
o Ezekiel 18:30-32 (Repent and live!)
o 2 Corinthians 7:8-11 (Godly sorry brings repentance)
o Revelation 2:4-5 (You have forsaken your first love)
1. How would you define repentance?
2. In what ways do you think repentance before you know Christ compares to repentance after you know Christ? (How are they the same; how are they different?)
3. What are the benefits of repentance?
4. What are the consequences of not repenting? (Read Psalm 32 if you need some help.)
5. How often should we repent?
After your discussion, take a few moments individually to sit quietly and ask the Holy Spirit to show you any areas in which you need to repent. Take this opportunity to confess and repent in those areas as you pray.