30-90 minutes (depending on team size and sharing times)
This activity is a great way for teams to connect when they haven’t met for some time. Each member shares their “high” (best experience) and “low” (worst experience) since the last time the team was together. After each person shares, you might want to have another team member pray for that individual.
NOTE: This activity can get very emotional. Have a box of tissues available. Also, if you don’t set clear guidelines at the beginning regarding how long people should share, it will be difficult to do it later if you notice you are going over time.
Children, youth, adults
Use the following script (or modify to suit your needs):
- “Since we haven’t been together for some time, I would like for us to spend some time sharing about our personal highlights and struggles.”
- “We are going to go around the room, and each person with share their ‘high’ (best experience) and ‘low’ (worst experience) since the last time the team was together.”
- “While they are sharing, I ask that everyone just listen carefully.”
“Once they are done, I would like to ask for someone from the group to pray for that person.”
- “We have _______ minutes for this activity, so I would like to ask each person to try to keep your sharing to ________ minutes or less.”
- “I’ll go first so that you can hear what I mean by highs and lows.” (Be the first person to share. It’s important that you model the type of sharing you want from the group. If you share something superficial, most of the others will probably do the same. But if you disclose something meaningful, many others will feel comfortable doing the same.)